Definition of defamation:
traducing, conspiracy, slur, blackening, traducement, aspersing, vilifying, blackmail, contempt, aspersion, bioterrorism, criminal negligence, hatchet job, calumny, agriterrorism, libeling, denigration, obloquy, law, contempt of court, belittling, sprinkling, calumniation, slander, child abuse, character assassination, opprobrium, defaming, crimes, attack, smearing, bigamy, maligning.
- detraction (part of speech: noun)
- slander (part of speech: noun)
- disapproval (part of speech: noun)
Bryan then dropped the action, which he objected to entrust to assessors, directed perhaps by a member of the executive: for the same reason he withdrew his proceedings against the police magistrate for defamation of character.- "The History of Tasmania, Volume I (of 2)", John West.
- "Heart Utterances at Various Periods of a Chequered Life.", Eliza Paul Kirkbride Gurney.
- "The Simpkins Plot", George A. Birmingham.