Definition of defame:
misuse, injure, abuse, belittle, harm, charge, crimes, mislead, smirch, maltreat, indict, cloud, lie, blur, attack, denigrate, cast aspersions on, calumniate, revile, backbite, concoct, pervert, prostitute, violate, persecute, smudge, misspeak, make up, ravish, incriminate, daub, besmirch, corrupt, victimize, deceive, wrong, damage, rail at, upon, smutch, law, impose on _or_ oppress, slander, aggrieve, bend the truth, ill-treat, sully, fabricate, maculate, misemploy, vituperate, stain, invent, taint, slur, ill-use, asperse, impeach, tear down, manufacture, smear, minimize, molest, criminate, ruin.
- abase (part of speech: verb)
- disapprove (part of speech: verb)
- slander (part of speech: verb)
- detract (part of speech: verb)
- "'Laramie;' or, The Queen of Bedlam.", Charles King.
- "Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates", Plato.
- "The Day of Judgment", Joseph Hocking.