Definition of defection:
- abandonment (part of speech: noun)
- relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
- renunciation (part of speech: noun)
- failure (part of speech: noun)
- "Green Fancy", George Barr McCutcheon.
His departure had seemed like a defection; and yet she had reproached herself for so feeling it when he had run upstairs, on arriving with Mr. Underwood, looking paler, more scared and miserable, than any of them; and he was sobbing so much when he took his place in the procession, that Wilmet had made Felix take Alda, that she might support him.- "The Pillars of the House, V1", Charlotte M. Yonge.
- "Prisoner for Blasphemy", G. W. [George William] Foote.