Definition of defence:
- Act or skill in making defense; defensive plan or policy; practice in self defense, as in fencing, boxing, etc.
- Prohibition; a prohibitory ordinance.
- Protecting plea; vindication; justification.
- See Defense.
- That which defends or protects; anything employed to oppose attack, ward off violence or danger, or maintain security; a guard; a protection.
- The act of defending, or the state of being defended; protection, as from violence or danger.
- The defendant's answer or plea; an opposing or denial of the truth or validity of the plaintiff's or prosecutor's case; the method of proceeding adopted by the defendant to protect himself against the plaintiff's action.
self-abnegation, defense mechanism, defence reaction, abnegation, falsifying, defense, disproof, defence force, refutal, defending team, defense team, self-renunciation, defensive structure, defense reaction, demurral, defense force, self-denial, defense lawyers, demur, refutation, denial, defensive measure, vindication, defence mechanism, exoneration, disaffirmation, falsification, demurrer.
- "The Mark Of Cain", Andrew Lang.
- "Not Pretty, But Precious", John Hay, et al..
- "Hudson Bay", R.M. Ballantyne.