Definition of defiance:
militancy, rebellion, feistiness, disputatiousness, disobedience, aggressiveness, refractoriness, frowardness, quarrelsomeness, unruliness, contumacy, breach, nonobservance, militance, pugnacity, militantness, provocation, intractability, despite, noncompliance, insurgence, resist, contentiousness, combativeness, belligerency, infraction, willfulness, bellicosity, recalcitrancy, obstreperousness, aggression, non-compliance, scrappiness, waywardness, truculence, contempt, assaultiveness.
- insolence (part of speech: noun)
- defiance (part of speech: noun)
opposition (part of speech: noun)
- unwillingness (part of speech: noun)
- counteraction (part of speech: noun)
- disagreement (part of speech: noun)
- confrontation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Secret Witness", George Gibbs.
- "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.