Definition of defiant:
untoward, refractory, lawless, resistant, recalcitrant, incompliant, insubordinate, froward, restive, willful, contumacious, obstreperous, noncompliant, rebel, resist, resistive, uncontrollable, recusant.
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- defiant (part of speech: adjective)
- oppositional (part of speech: adjective)
- unwilling (part of speech: adjective)
- counteractive (part of speech: adjective)
disobedient (part of speech: adjective)
- out of control,
- brave (part of speech: adjective)
Carlisle Castle, a huge, irregular reddish- brown stone structure, grim and defiant, with its almost perfect specimen of a Norman Keep, and battlements frowning towards the north, is still a place to see.- "In the Border Country", W. S. (William Shillinglaw) Crockett.
- "The Boy Trapper", Harry Castlemon.
- "The Golden Rock", Ernest Glanville.