Definition of deficiency:
failure, inadequateness, fault, privation, pinch, wish, deprivation, inadequacy, insufficiency, absence, underage, lack, neediness, weakness, want, undersupply, excess, lacuna, Achilles' heel, scarcity, bankruptcy, loss, scantness, failing, crunch, wishing, drought.
- imperfection (part of speech: noun)
- insufficiency (part of speech: noun)
- shortage (part of speech: noun)
- incompleteness (part of speech: noun)
- "Piano Playing With Piano Questions Answered", Josef Hofmann.
An increasing percentage of coarser material makes necessary an increase in amount to meet the lime deficiency, and a distinct concession in price is to be expected when a 10- mesh screen is used in testing.- "Right Use of Lime in Soil Improvement", Alva Agee.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.