Definition of define:
- To determine or clearly exhibit the boundaries of; to mark the limits of; as, to define the extent of a kingdom or country.
- To determine the precise signification of; to fix the meaning of; to describe accurately; to explain; to expound or interpret; as, to define a word, a phrase, or a scientific term.
- To determine with precision; to mark out with distinctness; to ascertain or exhibit clearly; as, the defining power of an optical instrument.
- To determine; to decide.
- To fix the bounds of; to bring to a termination; to end.
localize, plant, curb, mold, construe, posit, establish, pose, prescribe, girdle, encircle, deposit, pin down, circumscribe, furbish up, secure, set apart, regulate, pay off, typeset, specialise, entitle, condition, learn, fasten, ascertain, desexualize, localise, get, restrain, sterilize, decide, repair, trammel, limn, position, correct, enclose, desexualise, determine, gloss, settle, do, situate, set up, draw, compass, misunderstand, coiffure, translate, characterize, jell, lay, fix, narrow, make, fructify, flank, paraphrase, stipulate, sic, adjust, cook, see, trace, dub, put, delimitate, outline, restrict, ready, interpret, belt, bound, designate, spell out, edge, delimit, illustrate, restore, gear up, obscure, destine, particularize, narrow down, square off, touch on, clarify, doctor, find, envelop, find out, dress, confuse, shape, desex, peg down, unsex, qualify, watch, sterilise, denominate, bushel, go down, place, rim, exemplify, rig, influence, annotate, particularise, label, coiffe, represent, subtend, surround, border, throttle, prepare, make up one's mind, elucidate, fixate, assign, limit, confine, lay out, set, specify, encompass, distort, expound, nail down, misconstrue, congeal, mend, style, coif, square up, countersink, go under, arrange, name, check, delineate, gird, pay back, demarcate, line.
- "Barren Honour: A Novel", George A. Lawrence.
- "Louise de la Valliere", Alexandre Dumas, Pere.
- "Story Hour Readings: Seventh Year", E.C. Hartwell.