Definition of definite :
1. A thing defined or determined.
2. Determined; resolved.
3. Having certain limits in signification; determinate; certain; precise; fixed; exact; clear; as, a definite word, term, or expression.
4. Having certain or distinct; determinate in extent or greatness; limited; fixed; as, definite dimensions; a definite measure; a definite period or interval.
5. Serving to define or restrict; limiting; determining; as, the definite article.
well-defined, obvious, straightforward, graphic, settled, sharp, downright, formal, distinct, indefinite, palpable, unambiguous, pronounced, determinate, confused, vague, obscure, restricted, ringing, limited, plain, hard and fast, bold, crisp, visible, unimpeachable, distinguishable, unerring, express, formed, well-grounded, severe, vivid, audible, defined, bounded, minute, determined, fixed, clear-cut, tangible, marked
certain (part of speech: adjective)
doubtless, irrefutable, set, confident, indisputable, veritable, trusting, convinced, clear, patent, unquestionable, decided, incontestable, assured, decisive, undoubted, steadfast, unmistakable, irrefragable, incontrovertible
absolute (part of speech: adjective)
precise (part of speech: adjective)
positive (part of speech: adjective)
special (part of speech: adjective)
affirmative (part of speech: adjective)
categorical (part of speech: adjective)
true (part of speech: adjective)
- And have you obtained that definite promise? - "Petticoat Rule", Emmuska Orczy, Baroness Orczy.
- We are that much nearer a definite discussion of the peace which shall end the present war. - "My Three Years in America", Johann Heinrich Andreas Hermann Albrecht Graf von Bernstorff.
- Is it a fact that you didn't give him a definite answer? - "No Hero", E.W. Hornung.