Definition of deflation:
Synonyms for deflation:
- decrease (part of speech: noun)
- contraction (part of speech: noun)
- shrinkage (part of speech: noun)
- "Rip Foster in Ride the Gray Planet", Harold Leland Goodwin.
The retreating escarpments, the cliffs of the mesas and buttes which they have left behind as outliers, and the walls of the ravines are carved into noble architectural forms- into cathedrals, pyramids, amphitheaters, towers, arches, and colonnades- by the processes of weathering aided by deflation.- "The Elements of Geology", William Harmon Norton.
- "The Lost Kafoozalum", Pauline Ashwell.