Definition of deft:
- facile (part of speech: adjective)
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- stylish (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- "The History of "Punch"", M. H. Spielmann.
But seldom is it a simple matter of gathering the household goods into a moving van, having them set down in the new place, and then going out on the terrace to watch the sunset while deft workers within set things to rights.- "If You're Going to Live in the Country", Thomas H. Ormsbee and Richmond Huntley.
- "Mrs. Overtheway's Remembrances", Juliana Horatia Ewing.