Definition of degraded :
1. Having steps; - said of a cross each of whose extremities finishes in steps growing larger as they leave the center; - termed also on degrees.
2. Having the typical characters or organs in a partially developed condition, or lacking certain parts.
3. of Degrade
4. Reduced in rank, character, or reputation; debased; sunken; low; base.
lush, card-playing, disruptive, adulterate, extravagant, quick, immobile, turbulent, flying, loyal, tumultuous, prodigal, troubled, spendthrift, degenerate, exuberant, riotous, truehearted, profligate, dissipated, profuse, libertine, sporting, immoral, firm, fast, luxuriant, betting, wicked, dissolute
cheapened (part of speech: verb)
abased (part of speech: verb)
misused (part of speech: adjective)
perverted (part of speech: verb)
vulgar (part of speech: adjective)
garish, glaring, ignoble, barnyard, inelegant, clumsy, common, tactless, ignominious, obscene, animal, salty, unrefined, shameless, unseemly, unpolished, cheap, tasteless, boorish, chintzy, broad, sordid, brutish, sleazy, gaudy, earthy, coarse, indelicate, idiomatic, revolting, unbecoming, in bad taste, coarse-grained, profane, repulsive, rough, barbaric, colloquial, rude, scandalous, raw, base, gross, ill-bred, crude, vulgar, rank, offensive, undignified, tawdry, crass, cockney, low, homespun, outlandish, brazen, graceless, philistine
- That is his name, and he must be a degraded fellow to take up with Smith. - "The Mormon Prophet", Lily Dougall.
- There were the dark places of the earth spread out before her; millions upon millions of human beings bowing before idols, little children cast into cruel flames, and women, sad, wretched women, a whole world full of them; besides those, there were the poor, degraded, ignorant ones of her own city. - "Divers Women", Pansy and Mrs. C.M. Livingston.
- To this proposal Pedrarias replied with indignation: - One would really think, from the lofty tone you take, that my power was at an end; but if I have not been degraded from my office, you shall be punished for your insolence. - "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.