Definition of delicacy:
- Addiction to pleasure; luxury; daintiness; indulgence; luxurious or voluptuous treatment.
- Nice and refined perception and discrimination; critical niceness; fastidious accuracy.
- Nice propriety of manners or conduct; susceptibility or tenderness of feeling; refinement; fastidiousness; and hence, in an exaggerated sense, effeminacy; as, great delicacy of behavior; delicacy in doing a kindness; delicacy of character that unfits for earnest action.
- Nicety or fineness of form, texture, or constitution; softness; elegance; smoothness; tenderness; and hence, frailty or weakness; as, the delicacy of a fiber or a thread; delicacy of a hand or of the human form; delicacy of the skin; delicacy of frame.
- Pleasure; gratification; delight.
- That which is alluring, delicate, or refined; a luxury or pleasure; something pleasant to the senses, especially to the sense of taste; a dainty; as, delicacies of the table.
- The state of being affected by slight causes; sensitiveness; as, the delicacy of a chemist's balance.
- The state or condition of being delicate; agreeableness to the senses; delightfulness; as, delicacy of flavor, of odor, and the like.
finesse, accurateness, perceptiveness, closeness, permeability, pettiness, methodical, frailness, fineness, exactitude, free will, smoothness, slenderness, decrepitude, fragility, breeding, frangibleness, transparency, kickshaw, liberality, slimness, sensitivity, enfeeblement, sharpness, frangibility, convenience food, savory, languidness, dainty, delight, tact, effervescence, perfection, systematic, wimpiness, buoyancy, altruism, acuteness, specialty, circumspection, goody, qualmishness, warmth, unsubstantiality, volatility, enervation, ultraprecision, daintiness, state, charity, state of matter, softness, baby food, slightness, solicitude, meticulous, naturalness, sweet, viand, powderiness, lightness, triviality, weakness, morsel, keenness, infirmity, organized, exact, flimsiness, airiness, feebleness, careful, debilitation, hospitality, ingestion, generosity, aphrodisiac, food, unsoundness, rigor, dairy, translucency, astringency, insubstantiality, fragileness, delicateness, thinness, good, nicety, thorough, treat, creole, queasiness, diplomatic negotiations, cautious, provident, consideration, civility, bit, decorum, confectionery, sensitiveness, cate, rarity, delectable, chivalry, vulnerability, courtesy, strong, languor, squeamishness, carbohydrate, kindness, exactness, subtlety, base, comfort food, weakliness, debility, tidbit, instability, support, listlessness, tenderness, painstaking, statesmanship, faintness, ambrosia, prudence, exquisiteness, breakability, discreetness, statecraft, discernment, absorbency, choiceness, asthenia, discretion, gentility, luxury, gallantry, consistency, diplomacy, veracity, perceptivity.
- brittleness (part of speech: noun)
- littleness (part of speech: noun)
- taste (part of speech: noun)
- fastidiousness (part of speech: noun)
- "Dorothy on a Ranch", Evelyn Raymond.
- "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.
- "A Text-Book of the History of Painting", John C. Van Dyke.