Definition of democracy:
- Collectively, the people, regarded as the source of government.
- Government by popular representation; a form of government in which the supreme power is retained by the people, but is indirectly exercised through a system of representation and delegated authority periodically renewed; a constitutional representative government; a republic.
- Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is retained and directly exercised by the people.
- The principles and policy of the Democratic party, so called.
commonwealth, self-government, country, emancipation, equality, autocracy, state, government, justice, land, majority rule, capitalism, freedom, res publica, dictatorship, laissez faire, nation, body politic, republic.
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
- "The White Mr. Longfellow From "Literary Friends And Acquaintances"", William Dean Howells.
- "The Long Lane's Turning", Hallie Erminie Rives.