Definition of demoiselle :
1. A beautiful, small dragon fly of the genus Agrion.
2. A young lady; a damsel; a lady's maid.
3. The Numidian crane ( Anthropoides virgo); - so called on account of the grace and symmetry of its form and movements.
- Then there was the beautiful Ludre, demoiselle of Lorraine, and maid of honour to Madame, who was openly loved for a moment. - "The Memoirs of Louis XIV., Volume 10 And His Court and of The Regency", Duc de Saint-Simon.
- You must go and ask Monsieur and Madame de Larsonniere and the du Hautoys, with the beautiful demoiselle du Hautoy, of course. - "Eugenie Grandet", Honore de Balzac.
- He went and married la grande demoiselle. - "Balcony Stories", Grace E. King.