Definition of dependence:
- A matter depending, or in suspense, and still to be determined; ground of controversy or quarrel.
- A resting with confidence; reliance; trust.
- Mutu onnection and support; concatenation; systematic er relation.
- Subjection to the direction or disposal of another; inability to help or provide for one's self.
- That on which one depends or relies; as, he was her sole dependence.
- That which depends; anything dependent or suspended; anything attached a subordinate to, or contingent on, something else.
- The act or state of depending; state of being dependent; a hanging down or from; suspension from a support.
- The state of being influenced and determined by something; subjection ( as of an effect to its cause).
belief, restraint, jones, Al-Anon, buttress, pillar, interdependence, Alcoholics Anonymous, trust, wardship, faith, designated driver, binge drinking, necessity, helplessness, addiction, connection, credence, colony, capture, confidence, faith, subjection, standby, tutelage, dependance, mainstay, anchor, surrender, subordination, trust, cheers, reliance, prisoner, yoke, servility, abuse, monkey, delirium tremens, captivity, belief, dependency, relationship, habit, sequence, bondage, shackle, habituation, confidence, AA, alcoholism.
- "Sweet Cicely Or Josiah Allen as a Politician", Josiah Allen's Wife (Marietta Holley).
- "Letters of John Keats to His Family and Friends", John Keats.
The three years of unusual drought in the northern half of the United States, from 1876 forward, demonstrated how little dependence can be placed during the summer season on the ordinary water- powers of that region, and the attention of manufacturers has been newly drawn to Niagara.- "The Falls of Niagara and Other Famous Cataracts", George W. Holley.