Definition of depot:
- A military station where stores and provisions are kept, or where recruits are assembled and drilled.
- A place of deposit for the storing of goods; a warehouse; a storehouse.
- A railway station; a building for the accommodation and protection of railway passengers or freight.
- The headquarters of a regiment, where all supplies are received and distributed, recruits are assembled and instructed, infirm or disabled soldiers are taken care of, and all the wants of the regiment are provided for.
lot, termination, end point, magazine, boathouse, bonded warehouse, storehouse, endpoint, memory board, sidetrack, terminus, haven, transshipment center, fund, junction, waiting room, memory, station, way station, bus shelter, warehousing, base, end, platform, repositing, pole, term, loft, terminal, dump, annex, bus station, ferry, cubbyhole, bunker, entrepot, store, storage, computer memory, terminal figure, computer storage, reposition, armoury, stop, destination, stock.
- market (part of speech: noun)
store (part of speech: noun)
- "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.
- "The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City", Laura Lee Hope.
- "The Fatal Glove", Clara Augusta Jones Trask.