Definition of deprecation:
- contempt (part of speech: noun)
- protest (part of speech: noun)
- ridicule (part of speech: noun)
- disapproval (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wrong Twin", Harry Leon Wilson.
Those men who heard it, among them the would- be slayers of Stephen, stayed their hands and even inclined their heads towards the young priestess, as though in reverence or deprecation, and thus remained for sufficient time for her to lead the wounded Stephen out of danger.- "Allan and the Holy Flower", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Flirt", Booth Tarkington.