Definition of depreciate:
denigrate, detract from, talk down, vilipend, censure, deteriorate, disgrace, slur, carp at, roast, denounce, increase, slight, praise, contemn, knock, deride, minimize, attack, slander, put down, calumniate, decay, extol, humiliate, show, undervalue, depress, smear, write down, dishonor, raise, downgrade, take down a peg, traduce, rap, money, underrate, play down, derogate from, ridicule, discredit, devalue, slam, spurn, fault, devaluate, revile, condemn, vilify, humble, deprecate, run down.
- detract (part of speech: verb)
- cheapen (part of speech: verb)
- discount (part of speech: verb)
- subtract (part of speech: verb)
- underestimate (part of speech: verb)
He was reckless, passionate, prone to depreciate the opinion of others, extravagant in his thoughts and habits, ever ready to fight, both morally and physically, those who did not at a moment's notice agree with him.- "Castle Richmond", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "India‚??s Problem Krishna or Christ", John P. Jones.