Definition of depressed:
- Concave on the upper side; - said of a leaf whose disk is lower than the border.
- Having the vertical diameter shorter than the horizontal or transverse; - said of the bodies of animals, or of parts of the bodies.
- Lying flat; - said of a stem or leaf which lies close to the ground.
- of Depress
- Pressed or forced down; lowed; sunk; dejected; dispirited; sad; humbled.
low, melancholic, desolate, blue, downhearted, dysphoric, down, cast down, indented, dull, unhappy, thin, deprived, tristful, dejected, happy, low-spirited, heavy-hearted, concave, rich, impoverished, backward, underprivileged, study at sad, down in the mouth, dispirited, downcast, disadvantaged.
- concave (part of speech: adjective)
- hopeless (part of speech: adjective)
- depressed (part of speech: verb)
- dissuaded (part of speech: verb)
- lowered (part of speech: verb)
- de-motivated (part of speech: verb)
dejected (part of speech: adjective)
- weary (part of speech: adjective)
- "Red Pottage", Mary Cholmondeley.
- "K", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- ""The Pomp of Yesterday"", Joseph Hocking.