Definition of deputation:
- The act of deputing, or of appointing or commissioning a deputy or representative; office of a deputy or delegate; vicegerency.
- The person or persons deputed or commissioned by another person, party, or public body to act in his or its behalf; delegation; as, the general sent a deputation to the enemy to propose a truce.
missionary work, chair, delegating, charge, missionary post, mission, foreign mission, commission, missionary station, delegation, chairperson, representation, contingent, chairman, committal, relegating, perpetration, relegation, commissioning, discussion group, delegate, chairwoman, meeting, delegacy, military commission, direction, military mission, convener.
- agency (part of speech: noun)
- delegation (part of speech: noun)
- "Monsieur Violet", Frederick Marryat.
- "The Port of Adventure", Charles Norris Williamson and Alice Muriel Williamson.
- "Face to Face with Kaiserism", James W. Gerard.