Definition of derelict:
- A thing voluntary abandoned or willfully cast away by its proper owner, especially a ship abandoned at sea.
- A tract of land left dry by the sea, and fit for cultivation or use.
- Given up or forsaken by the natural owner or guardian; left and abandoned; as, derelict lands.
- Lost; adrift; hence, wanting; careless; neglectful; unfaithful.
run-down, weak, bedraggled, lax, forlorn, bereft, dilapidated, lorn, overdue, desolate, ramshackle, screaky, abandoned, abandoned ship, decrepit, rheumy, rickety, draggled, weakly, debile, tattered, broken-down, deserted, arthritic, infirm, sapless, creaky, woeful, delinquent, careful, tumble-down, remiss, rheumatoid, flea-bitten, forsaken, tatterdemalion, feeble, negligent, keep, woebegone, neglectful, slack, rheumatic.
- abandoned (part of speech: verb)
- neglectful (part of speech: adjective)