Definition of describe:
- To distribute into parts, groups, or classes; to mark off; to class.
- To represent by drawing; to draw a plan of; to delineate; to trace or mark out; as, to describe a circle by the compasses; a torch waved about the head in such a way as to describe a circle.
- To represent by words written or spoken; to give an account of; to make known to others by words or signs; as, the geographer describes countries and cities.
- To use the faculty of describing; to give a description; as, Milton describes with uncommon force and beauty.
make out, pull out, grade, bracket, appoint, particularize, key, illuminate, suck up, curl, detect, puff, disclose, deform, get word, let out, distinguish, pull back, outline, make vivid, find out, cite, advert, signalise, pull in, tell apart, get a line, severalise, pass, force, find, bring up, imbibe, key out, differentiate, rehearse, make clear, soak up, reshape, strike, answer for, list, specify, refer, character, take up, chance upon, withdraw, hunt, straighten, take out, relate, come upon, exemplify, words, recognise, epitomize, run along, quarter, signalize, pull, give the dope on, run, represent, express, pick up, sketch, take in, secern, bend, cover, hear, reap, recognize, discern, draw off, see, relate, give an account of, express, name, give away, absorb, light upon, depict, get, mark, reveal, thread, notice, profile, place, fall upon, diagnose, chart, paint, bring out, catch, represent, label, term, pin down, work, expose, draw and quarter, hound, suck, delineate, secernate, eviscerate, disembowel, make, mention, sort, render, cast, twist, decipher, attract, chance on, severalize, get wind, trace, follow, come across, get out, learn, delimitate, string, discover, draw in, constitute, shape, tell of, set out, write up, picture, break, calculate, set forth, identify, detail, class, make sense of, tie, report, unwrap, attain, separate, rank, elucidate, characterize, divulge, nominate, draw, open up, categorize, spot, represent in words, observe, retrace, line, image, recite, give the details of, limn, account, guide, pick out, drag, convey a verbal image of, happen upon, delimit, group, let on, classify, show, sop up, form, illustrate, call.
- account (part of speech: verb)
- report (part of speech: verb)
- mean (part of speech: verb)
- "Vanishing England", P. H. Ditchfield.
- "The Coming of the King", James Hocking.
- "The Best of the World's Classics, Restricted to prose. Volume I (of X) - Greece", Various.