Definition of Desiring:
- hoping (part of speech: verb)
- hungering (part of speech: verb)
- envying (part of speech: verb)
- desiring (part of speech: verb)
- loving (part of speech: verb)
- requesting (part of speech: verb)
- "The Niagara River", Archer Butler Hulbert.
He gave Thompson fifty dollars, and upon the possibility of the young man's desiring to return to America, advanced him another fifty dollars, saying that he could return it some day, and never thought of it again.- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.
Chapter 8 The Cap on the Stairs After breakfast, when they were working together in the drawing- room, Easton, desiring to do Owen a good turn, thought he would put him on his guard, and repeated to him in a whisper the substance of the conversation he had held with Crass concerning him.- "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists", Robert Tressell.