Definition of desperate:
- Beyond hope; causing despair; extremely perilous; irretrievable; past cure, or, at least, extremely dangerous; as, a desperate disease; desperate fortune.
- Extreme, in a bad sense; outrageous; - used to mark the extreme predominance of a bad quality.
- One desperate or hopeless.
- Proceeding from, or suggested by, despair; without regard to danger or safety; reckless; furious; as, a desperate effort.
- Without hope; given to despair; hopeless.
larger-than-life, acute, brave, fearful, courageous, safety, hopeless, big, vehement, climacteric, dire, horrific, unsafe, frightening, epic, grand, crucial, do-or-die, heroic, imperative, resolute, intense, dreadful, dangerous, terrible, horrendous, hope, dread, awful, direful, despairing, dreaded, violent, furious, strong, fearless, heroical, critical, expansive, fierce, fearsome.
- extreme (part of speech: adjective)
- reckless (part of speech: adjective)
- hopeless (part of speech: adjective)
- "Peter A Novel of Which He is Not the Hero", F. Hopkinson Smith.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "Christina", L. G. Moberly.