Definition of desperately:
damn, troubled, on edge, awful, urgently, too, terribly, badly, immensely, uncommonly, a lot, unco, far, full, corking, passing, super, filthy, such, mortally, achingly, stinking, fantastically, jolly, majorly, damned, way, incredibly, blisteringly, tense, very, most, roaring, eminently, sore, deadly, real, thoroughly, spanking, extra, indeed, awfully, mightily, highly, frightfully, thumping, that, particularly, deeply, bone, much, sorely, hugely, supremely, rattling, almighty, dang, alarmed, vastly, extremely, vitally, especially, colossally, archly, well, nervous, really, intensely, enormously, specially, cracking, greatly, frightened, mighty, fabulously, right, anxious, roaringly, ever, worried, heavily, surpassingly, exceedingly, whacking, wicked, fiercely, monstrous, uneasy, upset, so, beastly.
- dangerously (part of speech: adverb)
- hopelessly (part of speech: adverb)
- "A Prairie Infanta", Eva Wilder Brodhead.
- "Alexander's Bridge and The Barrel Organ", Willa Cather and Alfred Noyes.
- "Captain Fracasse", Theophile Gautier.