Definition of destiny:
- That to which any person or thing is destined; predetermined state; condition foreordained by the Divine or by human will; fate; lot; doom.
- The fixed order of things; invincible necessity; fate; a resistless power or agency conceived of as determining the future, whether in general or of an individual.
indispensability, muckle, band, dowry, constituent, dowery, fate, draw, component part, happenstance, helping, slew, compulsion, hatful, chance, necessity, circle, parcel, urgency, share, plenty, condition, great deal, mess, serving, emergency, tidy sum, spate, providence, deal, certainty, luck, certain, decree, want, sight, good deal, finality, extremity, sine qua non, passel, ordinance, wad, end, pile, dower, conclusion, mass, caboodle, stack, mountain, mint, part, hazard, peck, indispensableness, pot, portion, need, predestination, batch, mickle, exigency, fortune, kismet, requirement, Weird Sisters, requisite, raft, bunch, unavoidableness, lot, flock, circumstances, heap, essential, doom, set, quite a little, fatality, percentage, component.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "Emerson and Other Essays", John Jay Chapman.
- "Alexander's Bridge and The Barrel Organ", Willa Cather and Alfred Noyes.