Definition of destitute:
- Forsaken; not having in possession ( something necessary, or desirable); deficient; lacking; devoid; - often followed by of.
- Not possessing the necessaries of life; in a condition of want; needy; without possessions or resources; very poor.
- To disappoint.
- To leave destitute; to forsake; to abandon.
- To make destitute; to cause to be in want; to deprive; - followed by of.
impeccant, poverty-stricken, innocent, desolate, innocuous, full, impoverished, lacking, rich, study at poor, spare, guiltless, needy, devoid, complimentary, free, empty, stark, wiped out, indigent, necessitous, broke, clean-handed, loose, ingenuous, gratuitous, poor, bleak, bare, barren, sinless, broken, strapped, wanting, impecunious, unacquainted, gratis, liberal, costless, void, detached.
- "Marital Power Exemplified in Mrs. Packard's Trial, and Self-Defence from the Charge of Insanity", Elizabeth Parsons Ware Packard.
- "My Strangest Case", Guy Boothby.
- "The Bible in Spain", George Borrow.