Definition of detail :
1. A detail drawing.
2. A minor part, as, in a building, the cornice, caps of the buttresses, capitals of the columns, etc., or ( called larger details) a porch, a gable with its windows, a pavilion, or an attached tower.
3. A minute portion; one of the small parts; a particular; an item; - used chiefly in the plural; as, the details of a scheme or transaction.
4. A narrative which relates minute points; an account which dwells on particulars.
5. The selection for a particular service of a person or a body of men; hence, the person or the body of men so selected.
6. To relate in particulars; to particularize; to report minutely and distinctly; to enumerate; to specify; as, he detailed all the facts in due order.
7. To tell off or appoint for a particular service, as an officer, a troop, or a squadron.
period, with particulars, stage, breaker point, specialty, gunpoint, spot, specification, particular proposition, aspect, level, percentage point, occurrence, concomitant, entirety, position, head, situation, fraction, stop, dot, degree, accessory, incident, specifically, decimal point, factor, item, technicality, compass point, contingent, minutia, circumstance, organization, fact, feature, full stop, token, article, tip, thoroughly, power point, full point, detailed, fine print, specify, event, specific, peak, singularity, particularize, pointedness, stipulate, particularity, point, point in time, part, whole, real, completely, accompaniment, distributor point, particular, peculiarity, portion, element, trait
crew (part of speech: noun)
coterie, litter, fellowship, army, school, circle, faction, sect, colony, outfit, club, complement, coalition, band, pack, crowd, clan, division, party, fleet, brigade, bevy, mob, clique, junta, battalion, team, gang, set, assembly, fraternity, phalanx, assemblage, staff, cabal, cadre, cell, force, nest, flock, league, detachment, caucus, host, troop, union, bunch, drove, company, ring, troupe, crew, wing, posse, herd, covey, platoon, squad, tribe, hive, aggregation, body, group, regiment, retinue, string, society
trifle (part of speech: noun)
list (part of speech: verb)
history, bank-book, pad, waybill, audit, bill, album, diary, record, collect, catalog, document, account, notebook, score, thesaurus, budget, digest, novel, store, sum, summary, summarize, ledger, manifest, annual, roll, enumerate, roster, recording, menu, yearbook, total, census, scrapbook, lexicon, calendar, daybook, schedule, statement, tally, tabulate, blank-book, journal, cash book, table, book, note, count, registry, register, index, log, repertory, tablet, workbook, logbook, check, treasury, storybook, collection, recount, journalize, chronicle, file, inventory, list, annals, itemization, scroll, itemize, docket, invoice, dictionary, enumeration, documentation
- The eggs, which I need not here describe in detail, are precisely similar to, but as a body slightly smaller than, those of Molpastes leucogenys. - "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- I need not, therefore, go into detail on this point here. - "The Part Borne by the Dutch in the Discovery of Australia 1606-1765", J. E. Heeres.
- How every detail of that hour passed with Hilary Vickars stood out in his memory! - "Masterman and Son", W. J. Dawson.