Definition of development:
- The act of developing or disclosing that which is unknown; a gradual unfolding process by which anything is developed, as a plan or method, or an image upon a photographic plate; gradual advancement or growth through a series of progressive changes; also, the result of developing, or a developed state.
- The act or process of changing or expanding an expression into another of equivalent value or meaning.
- The elaboration of a theme or subject; the unfolding of a musical idea; the evolution of a whole piece or movement from a leading theme or motive.
- The equivalent expression into which another has been developed.
- The series of changes which animal and vegetable organisms undergo in their passage from the embryonic state to maturity, from a lower to a higher state of organization.
ontogenesis, environment, precipitate, creativity, victimization, a giant step/leap/stride, early, unfolding, constructive engagement, background, festering, situation, fortification, center, discovery, child, subdivision, victimisation, coin, tuition, develop, maturement, incident, Balkanization, huddle, climate, evolution, using, annex, adolescence, constitutionality, information, childhood, progression, apartment complex, reinforcement, complex, breeding, checks and balances, devise, exploitation, resultant, improvement, episode, reading, sequel, issue, upshot, schooling, branch, assembly, advancement, megaplex, spread, change, erection, conclusion, instruction, design, breakthrough, elaboration, advance, constitution, maturation, tract, cause and effect, conditions, accretion, causality, happen, outcome, progress, outgrowth, ontogeny, block, community, position, teaching, Frankenstein's monster, elicitation, lay, state of affairs, contrive, direction, proliferation, shopping center, creative, evolvement, consequence, knowledge, increasing, census, fruit, aftereffect, aftermath, context, ripening, growing, girlhood, culture, backwash, fate, momentum, developing, maturing, corollary, occurrence, emergence, learning, buildup, barracks, thing, event, assemblage, education, amelioration, happening, suppuration, boondoggle, nurture, phylogeny, childlike, history, childish, better, betterment, the march of something, recreation, cultivation, amnesty, product, discipline, causation, multiplication, determination, phylogenesis, occasion, circumstance, sequence, training, organic evolution, study, masonry, developmental, decrease, babyish, containment, boyhood, result, melioration, addition, news, reduction, Balkanisation.
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- creation (part of speech: noun)
- improvement (part of speech: noun)
- preparation (part of speech: noun)
- production (part of speech: noun)
- "Personality in Literature", Rolfe Arnold Scott-James.
- "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.
- "The Reign of Law A Tale of the Kentucky Hemp Fields", James Lane Allen.