Definition of devotion:
- A thing consecrated; an object of devotion.
- Act of devotedness or devoutness; manifestation of strong attachment; act of worship; prayer.
- Disposal; power of disposal.
- The act of devoting; consecration.
- The state of being devoted; addiction; eager inclination; strong attachment love or affection; zeal; especially, feelings toward God appropriately expressed by acts of worship; devoutness.
constancy, zeal, idolatry, adherence, service, religiosity, like, ardor, idol worship, devotedness, religionism, commitment, earnestness, fear, consecration, connect, veneration, pietism, sincerity, observance.
- obedience (part of speech: noun)
- reliability (part of speech: noun)
- worship (part of speech: noun)
- piety (part of speech: noun)
- love (part of speech: noun)
- affection (part of speech: noun)
- servility (part of speech: noun)
- oblation (part of speech: noun)
resolution (part of speech: noun)
- "Samantha at the St. Louis Exposition", Marietta Holley.
- "Charles Lamb", Barry Cornwall.
According to Aristotle healthy exercise of function in a well- proportioned life in devotion to wide social ends and permanent personal interests, is the cause of which happiness is the appropriate and inevitable effect.- "The Five Great Philosophies of Life", William de Witt Hyde.