Definition of devour:
- To eat up with greediness; to consume ravenously; to feast upon like a wild beast or a glutton; to prey upon.
- To enjoy with avidity; to appropriate or take in eagerly by the senses.
- To seize upon and destroy or appropriate greedily, selfishly, or wantonly; to consume; to swallow up; to use up; to waste; to annihilate.
refine, follow up, color, belt down, draw down, pop, gorge, hear from, put away, choke down, take in, use up, ingurgitate, hang on someone's every word, predate, follow out, champ, cut down, implement, gormandize, pull down, listen in, help, scoff, follow, push down, ware, grip, have, down, pig it, eat up, put through, dispatch, mutilate, chow down, land, ingestion, follow through, pass, play out, fare, guttle, devastate, engulf, chomp, bolt, kill, trash, ravage, heed, read someone's lips, grow, knock down, concern, waste, cram, wipe out, prey, go across, drink down, surge, hear out, crunch, strain your eyes/ears, burn, pig, pour down, gulp, destroy, raven, cannibalize, fine-tune, partake, experience, see, consume, save, go through, toss off, sweep over, shoot down, eavesdrop, polish off, squander, vandalize, shatter, drain, relish, eat away, glut, run through, bolt down, demolish, come over, work through, polish, heighten, farrow, ruin, feast on, chow, listen, slop, pulse, run, carry out, wolf, obliterate, scarf.
- consume (part of speech: verb)
- receive (part of speech: verb)
- eat (part of speech: verb)
- "Plato's Republic", Plato.
- "Winds of the World", Talbot Mundy.
- "Fragments of an Autobiography", Felix Moscheles.