Definition of diadem:
- An arch rising from the rim of a crown ( rarely also of a coronet), and uniting with others over its center.
- Originally, an ornamental head band or fillet, worn by Eastern monarchs as a badge of royalty; hence ( later), also, a crown, in general.
- Regal power; sovereignty; empire; - considered as symbolized by the crown.
- To adorn with a diadem; to crown.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Dop Doctor", Clotilde Inez Mary Graves.
- "Atlantida", Pierre Benoit.