Definition of diagonal:
- A diagonal cloth; a kind of cloth having diagonal stripes, ridges, or welts made in the weaving.
- A member, in a framed structure, running obliquely across a panel.
- A right line drawn from one angle to another not adjacent, of a figure of four or more sides, and dividing it into two parts.
- Joining two not adjacent angles of a quadrilateral or multilateral figure; running across from corner to corner; crossing at an angle with one of the sides.
gash, chance event, byzant, slash, cerebrovascular accident, shot, bezzant, prejudice, bias, oblique, aslope, sloped, one-sided, straight, preconception, slice, bezant, bezant, coloured, slanted, slanting, cut, inclined, beveled, stroking, inclining, sloping, solidus, stroke, cam stroke, throw, virgule, separatrix, aslant, apoplexy, byzant, fortuity, accident.
- "On the Banks of the Amazon", W.H.G. Kingston.
Another remarkable case is recorded by Dr. Marsh, in a volume on the " Evolution of Light from the Human Subject," and reads thus: " About an hour and a half before my sister's death, we were struck by luminous appearances proceeding from her head in a diagonal direction.- "Modern Magic", Maximilian Schele de Vere.
- "The Psychology of Beauty", Ethel D. Puffer.