Definition of diagram:
- A figure or drawing made to illustrate a statement, or facilitate a demonstration; a plan.
- Any simple drawing made for mathematical or scientific purposes, or to assist a verbal explanation which refers to it; a mechanical drawing, as distinguished from an artistical one.
- To put into the form of a diagram.
- "The Chemical History Of A Candle", Michael Faraday.
- "Amusements in Mathematics", Henry Ernest Dudeney.
The terra cotta flue lining which is shown in the sectional diagram is not absolutely necessary, of course, as it is a rather modern introduction and unnumbered fireplaces have served their purpose without it.- "Making a Fireplace", Henry H. Saylor.