Definition of diameter:
- A diametral plane.
- Any right line passing through the center of a figure or body, as a circle, conic section, sphere, cube, etc., and terminated by the opposite boundaries; a straight line which bisects a system of parallel chords drawn in a curve.
- The distance through the lower part of the shaft of a column, used as a standard measure for all parts of the order. See Module.
- The length of a straight line through the center of an object from side to side; width; thickness; as, the diameter of a tree or rock.
- "The Escaping Club", A. J. Evans.
- "A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume Two", Thomas Frognall Dibdin.
- "Boy Scouts in Mexico; or On Guard with Uncle Sam", G. Harvey Ralphson.