Definition of die:
- A hollow internally threaded screw- cutting tool, made in one piece or composed of several parts, for forming screw threads on bolts, etc.; one of the separate parts which make up such a tool.
- A metal or plate ( often one of a pair) so cut or shaped as to give a certain desired form to, or impress any desired device on, an object or surface, by pressure or by a blow; used in forging metals, coining, striking up sheet metal, etc.
- A perforated block, commonly of hardened steel used in connection with a punch, for punching holes, as through plates, or blanks from plates, or for forming cups or capsules, as from sheet metal, by drawing.
- A small cube, marked on its faces with spots from one to six, and used in playing games by being shaken in a box and thrown from it. See Dice.
- Any small cubical or square body.
- of Dice
- That part of a pedestal included between base and cornice; the dado.
- That which is, or might be, determined, by a throw of the die; hazard; chance.
- To become indifferent; to cease to be subject; as, to die to pleasure or to sin.
- To become vapid, flat, or spiritless, as liquor.
- To disappear gradually in another surface, as where moldings are lost in a sloped or curved face.
- To pass from an animate to a lifeless state; to cease to live; to suffer a total and irreparable loss of action of the vital functions; to become dead; to expire; to perish; -- said of animals and vegetables; often with of, by, with, from, and rarely for, before the cause or occasion of death; as, to die of disease or hardships; to die by fire or the sword; to die with horror at the thought.
- To perish in any manner; to cease; to become lost or extinct; to be extinguished.
- To recede and grow fainter; to become imperceptible; to vanish; - often with out or away.
- To sink; to faint; to pine; to languish, with weakness, discouragement, love, etc.
- To suffer death; to lose life.
give, break in, give out, fit, put across, bump, back up, break up, come about, leave, decline, blowtorch, drop, faint, pop off, break dance, discontinue, dissect, die off, run low, diminish, reach, throttle, cave in, break, improve, ruin, lead, buy the farm, draw, drop dead, break away, hold out, check, cronk, come apart, move, decompose, frighten away, break off, work, awl, dash, return, keel over, relegate, emit, slack off, survive, pause, evaporate, thrive, suffocate, fleet, perish, Allen wrench, conk, cut out, go up, smash, go bad, casino, founder, fall in, soften, droop, dice, fail, starve, let up, frighten off, clog up, kick the bucket, croak, scare away, subside, belong, disclose, travel by, abate, peter out, occur, breathe your last (breath), better, pass out, erupt, happen, authorize, box end wrench, give away, recede, split, breach, start, move over, make it, go away, pass away, crumple, clog, give way, overstep, ease up, legislate, bomb, fall off, elapse, wane, fall out, demise, lose it, egest, blow over, live, scare, live on, expose, strangle, reveal, become flat, make pass, ease, snap, analyse, hand, intermit, fatigue, recrudesce, lapse, breathe out, exit, spoil, crumble, infract, gnarl, snuff it, die out, fruit machine, kick off, poop out, craps, blend in, surpass, go on, deteriorate, hold up, go against, go out, extend, dissolve, weaken, authorise, take place, analyze, fade out, weary, neglect, transcend, last, get out, choke off, hang, separate, burst, travel, out, go along, rest in peace, run short, wear, rankle, go off, die down, spend, check out, pall, tire, bones, communicate, stifle, drown, blend, wear out, molder, run, dying, get going, fall asleep, grow, develop, moderate, cash in one's chips, offend, choke, damp, rot, expire, snap off, kick downstairs, fade, take apart, foul, decease, hand out, sink, interrupt, dampen, retrograde, dull, clear, split up, fall apart, bring out, go by, daunt, give-up the ghost, distribute, grumble, shut off, bust, exceed, vanish, divulge, yield, adjustable wrench, plump, turn over, unwrap, sound, wither, break out, burn out, devolve, betray, proceed, locomote, congest, scrag, get around, go through, demote, pass off, jade, increase, pass, exhale, run out, go, excrete, disappear, glide by, evanesce, crush, hap, conk out, violate, tumble, become, cloy, eliminate, stall, run down, burn down, top, bankrupt, let on, fracture, murmur, give off, function, lose your life, endure, kick in, bite the dust, gag, decay, fret, discover, go wrong, get, bradawl, rifle, flush it, overtake, slacken, swoon, collapse, wear away, miscarry, bingo, break down, guide, slip by, remit, flunk, pass along, crack, bate, operate, overhaul, double, go across, go down, lay down your life, scare off, asphyxiate, transgress, slip away, pass by, ebb, let out, bellows, go past, fade away, unlit, mutter, extinguish, blowlamp, applicator, slide by.
- die (part of speech: verb)
- perforator (part of speech: noun)
- perforators (part of speech: noun)
- end (part of speech: verb)