Definition of different :
1. Distinct; separate; not the same; other.
2. Of various or contrary nature, form, or quality; partially or totally unlike; dissimilar; as, different kinds of food or drink; different states of health; different shapes; different degrees of excellence.
disagreeing, indiscriminate, ranging, nonidentical, equivalent, several, opposed, interchangeable, changed, many, altered, converse, antagonistic, antithetic, miscellaneous, inharmonious, variant, modified, mixed, remarkable, diametric, assorted, jarring, alike, harmonious, antithetical, innovative, unsuitable, same, another, surprising, sundry, respective, uniform, distinguishable, divers, polar, set apart, manifold, reverse, identical, like, other, complex, new, original, diametrical, notable, clashing, equal, newfangled, exotic, unprecedented, varicolored, asymmetrical, dissonant, unclassified, steady, inventive, collected, distant, contrastive, alternative, variegated, consistent, fresh, same old, same old
diverse (part of speech: adjective)
special (part of speech: adjective)
nonconforming (part of speech: adjective)
funny, unusual, curious, odd, deranged, outlandish, irregular, mismatch, quirky, nonconforming, unfamiliar, deviant, queer, unique, untypical, exceptional, unconventional, bizarre, peculiar, atypical, idiosyncratic, improper, uncustomary, un-ordinary, off, incongruous, novel, oddball, oddity, crosspatch, abnormal, strange, erratic, incompatible, eccentric, anomalous, out of the ordinary, extraordinary, singular, uncommon, fey, misfit, freakish, crazy
nonuniform (part of speech: adjective)
unequal (part of speech: adjective)
different (part of speech: adjective)
dissimilar (part of speech: adjective)
unusual (part of speech: adjective)
- He always knew it before or knew different. - "This Freedom", A. S. M. Hutchinson.
- Yet that was different. - "Memoirs of an American Prima Donna", Clara Louise Kellogg.
- That is too common; I am going to write something different. - "San-Cravate; or, The Messengers; Little Streams", Charles Paul de Kock.