Definition of digit:
- A finger's breadth, commonly estimated to be three fourths of an inch.
- One of the ten figures or symbols, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, by which all numbers are expressed; - so called because of the use of the fingers in counting and computing.
- One of the terminal divisions of a limb appendage; a finger or toe.
- One twelfth part of the diameter of the sun or moon; - a term used to express the quantity of an eclipse; as, an eclipse of eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
- To point at or out with the finger.
design, name, material body, physical body, human body, figure, form, physique, pattern, soma, finger's breadth, flesh, thumb, dactyl, anatomy, shape, fig, toe, trope, figure of speech, chassis, bod, finger, fingerbreadth, public figure, extremity, frame, build, image.
- "When Egypt Went Broke", Holman Day.
- "Left Guard Gilbert", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- "Instruction for Using a Slide Rule", W. Stanley.