Definition of dignified:
glorious, distinguished, high-brow, stately, ceremonious, sober as a judge, portly, magnificent, staid, courtly, superior, formal, self-respecting, serious, magisterial, stiff, proud, honorable, quiet, elegant, imperious, imposing, of consequence, classic, sublime, eminent, gravely courteous, classy, reserved, elevated, marked by dignity of manner, self-respectful, like one who has a ramrod down his back, queenly, lofty, haughty.
- praised (part of speech: verb)
- elegant (part of speech: adjective)
- serious (part of speech: adjective)
- worshiped (part of speech: verb)
- noble (part of speech: adjective)
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- beautified (part of speech: verb)
- "The Marriage of William Ashe", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- "Judy of York Hill", Ethel Hume Patterson Bennett.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.