Definition of dignify:
- beautify (part of speech: verb)
- worship (part of speech: verb)
- praise (part of speech: verb)
- "In the Track of the Troops", R.M. Ballantyne.
He was at once troubled to see Hammer mixed up in the case, for he detested Hammer as a plebeian smelling of grease, who had shouldered his unwelcome person into a company of his betters, which he could neither dignify nor grace.- "The Bondboy", George W. (George Washington) Ogden.
- "100%: The Story of a Patriot", Upton Sinclair.