Definition of dignity:
- Elevated rank; honorable station; high office, political or ecclesiastical; degree of excellence; preferment; exaltation.
- Elevation; grandeur.
- Fundamental principle; axiom; maxim.
- One holding high rank; a dignitary.
- Quality suited to inspire respect or reverence; loftiness and grace; impressiveness; stateliness; - said of en, manner, style, etc.
- The state of being worthy or honorable; elevation of mind or character; true worth; excellence.
elevation, worthiness, self-esteem, gravity, prestige, self-worth, status, ceremoniousness, loftiness, lowliness, good report, formality, arrogance, significance, reserve, character, stuff, lordliness, gravitas, pride, self-respect, tone, high-handedness, solemnity, fame, renown, decorum, good name, self-regard, splendor, worth, importance, hauteur, honor, propriety, rank, class, regard, sublimity, respect, consequence, repute, decency, haughtiness, unseemliness, presence, reputation.
- elegance (part of speech: noun)
- nobility (part of speech: noun)
- "Rung Ho!", Talbot Mundy.
- "The Honour of the Clintons", Archibald Marshall.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.