Definition of dilute:
- Diluted; thin; weak.
- To become attenuated, thin, or weak; as, it dilutes easily.
- To diminish the strength, flavor, color, etc., of, by mixing; to reduce, especially by the addition of water; to temper; to attenuate; to weaken.
- To make thinner or more liquid by admixture with something; to thin and dissolve by mixing.
deoxidise, subjugate, tighten, edit, shrivel, abridge, cut off, lower, chip away, tailor, swerve, trim down, elongate, edit out, shrink, boiling, watery, trend, decoct, turn out, thin out, subside, lose weight, ignore, alloy, aerated, debase, sheer, quash, saline, slim, subvert, trim, brackish, weakened, laden, cut down, decrease, stretch, skip, rationalize, foreshorten, weaken, flowing, tainted, make out, soft, subdue, chlorinated, slenderize, polluted, scale down, extend, minimize, curve, geld, stretch along, reduce, shorten, switch off, bring down, repress, moderate, unfold, come down, lessen, erode, corrupt, slew, lade, turn off, demoralise, strong, write out, abbreviate, contract, weak, concentrate, boil down, rationalise, contaminated, snub, disregard, hard, white, deoxidize, halve, veer, issue, cut, thinned, mute, vitiate, profane, washy, charge, misdirect, keep down, slim down, load, melt off, trim back, top-slice, demoralize, stretch out, pervert, adulterated, deprave, load up, alloyed, diluted, prune, slue, burn, cut back, hack, adulterate, debauch, rolling, thin.
- "A Century of Wrong", F. W. Reitz.
This should make the stock bottle, and when any is required for use, it is merely necessary to dilute it with a little cold water until the desired consistency is obtained, and to keep it in a small bottle, well corked, for use.- "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.
- "Logic, Inductive and Deductive", William Minto.