Definition of diminishing:
- decreasing (part of speech: verb)
- blunting (part of speech: verb)
diminishing (part of speech: verb)
- detracting (part of speech: verb)
- discounting (part of speech: verb)
- cheapening (part of speech: verb)
- curtailing (part of speech: verb)
- subtracting (part of speech: verb)
It was not long before Mistress Kate, with her beautiful face, and the pretty clothes which she took care to provide at once for herself, spending lavishly out of the diminishing sum her husband had sent her, and thinking not of the morrow, nor the day when the board bills would be due, became well known.- "Marcia Schuyler", Grace Livingston Hill Lutz.
- "Colorado--The Bright Romance of American History", F. C. Grable.
- "Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (1918)", C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss.