Definition of din:
- Loud, confused, harsh noise; a loud, continuous, rattling or clanging sound; clamor; roar.
- of Do.
- To sound with a din; a ding.
- To strike with confused or clanging sound; to stun with loud and continued noise; to harass with clamor; as, to din the ears with cries.
- To utter with a din; to repeat noisily; to ding.
hoo-hah, bowwow, sounds, clamoring, flutter, disturbance, katzenjammer, ruction, bluster, boom, hue and cry, Babel, ruckus, whirl, hoo-ha, thunder, hurly burly, to-do, expand, commotion, confusion, flourish, disruption, nail, thrive, Pandemonium, discordance, clack, rumpus, noise, bruit, noise, kerfuffle, bang, beep, study at noise, hullabaloo, chatter, turmoil, boom out, blaring, brawl, decibel, clamor, tumult, rattle, clamouring, blare, garboil, burst, smash, clamour, cacophony.
- "The Fairy Nightcaps", Frances Elizabeth Barrow.
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.
- "The Mystery of the Hasty Arrow", Anna Katharine Green.