Definition of direction :
1. That which is imposed by directing; a guiding or authoritative instruction; prescription; order; command; as, he grave directions to the servants.
2. The act of directing, of aiming, regulating, guiding, or ordering; guidance; management; superintendence; administration; as, the direction o public affairs or of a bank.
3. The body of managers of a corporation or enterprise; board of directors.
4. The line or course upon which anything is moving or aimed to move, or in which anything is lying or pointing; aim; line or point of tendency; direct line or course; as, the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction.
5. The name and residence of a person to whom any thing is sent, written upon the thing sent; superscription; address; as, the direction of a letter.
6. The pointing of a piece with reference to an imaginary vertical axis; - distinguished from elevation. The direction is given when the plane of sight passes through the object.
focalization, tutelage, complaint, counsellor, military commission, nidus, program line, care, counseling, thrill, means, delegation, committal, superintendence, area, attention, focal point, solicitude, regulation, bursting charge, committee, armorial bearing, rush, centering, education, heed, wariness, steerage, fashion, heraldic bearing, burster, trouble, delegacy, flush, worry, counselor-at-law, kick, agency, counsel, stress, billing, electric charge, way, pleader, focusing, teaching, circumspection, commandment, watchfulness, word, accusation, statement, words, counselling, injunction, politics, directive, order, vigilance, didactics, lead, pedagogy, elbow room, deputation, focus, precaution, mode, objective, boot, region, educational activity, cathexis, road, forethought, bidding, steering, commissioning, perpetration, affect, style, focalisation, over, explosive charge, supervision, focussing, spot, governance, way of life, advocate, counselor, guardianship, place, concern, prudence, bang, room, snap, perplexity, anxiety, dictate, manner, drift, behest, mission
bearing (part of speech: noun)
command (part of speech: noun)
advice (part of speech: noun)
encouragement, advice, hint, pointer, news, monition, caution, message, prompt, briefing, advocacy, guidance, suggestion, cue, tip, instruction, recommendation, warning, caveat, clue, information, intelligence
control (part of speech: noun)
tendency (part of speech: noun)
grain, predilection, proclivity, bent, penchant, trend, propensity, bias, aptness, predisposition, tenor, course, inclination, affinity, disposition, temperament, proneness, tendency, polarity, leaning
direction (part of speech: noun)