Definition of direction:
- That which is imposed by directing; a guiding or authoritative instruction; prescription; order; command; as, he grave directions to the servants.
- The act of directing, of aiming, regulating, guiding, or ordering; guidance; management; superintendence; administration; as, the direction o public affairs or of a bank.
- The body of managers of a corporation or enterprise; board of directors.
- The line or course upon which anything is moving or aimed to move, or in which anything is lying or pointing; aim; line or point of tendency; direct line or course; as, the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction.
- The name and residence of a person to whom any thing is sent, written upon the thing sent; superscription; address; as, the direction of a letter.
- The pointing of a piece with reference to an imaginary vertical axis; - distinguished from elevation. The direction is given when the plane of sight passes through the object.
guardianship, counselor-at-law, deputation, directive, delegacy, focussing, bursting charge, bang, instruction, education, superintendence, didactics, style, flush, steering, regulation, delegation, drift, elbow room, armorial bearing, teaching, forethought, concern, burster, mode, regulation, tutelage, order, counsel, lead, focalization, precaution, heraldic bearing, affect, objective, over, trouble, area, accusation, mission, snap, prudence, behest, committee, injunction, anxiety, word, focal point, watchfulness, politics, commissioning, thrill, stress, means, way of life, worry, kick, counsellor, statement, explosive charge, circumspection, pedagogy, pleader, cathexis, way, military commission, complaint, boot, perpetration, spot, road, heed, dictate, guidance, superintendence, bidding, supervision, focus, wariness, fashion, governance, management, committal, program line, billing, care, manner, commission, electric charge, region, agency, vigilance, charge, rush, counselor, words, place, focalisation, centering, counseling, perplexity, solicitude, commandment, focusing, advocate, room, educational activity, nidus, attention, steerage, counselling.
- bearing (part of speech: noun)
- command (part of speech: noun)
- advice (part of speech: noun)
- control (part of speech: noun)
- tendency (part of speech: noun)
- direction (part of speech: noun)