Definition of directly:
- Exactly; just.
- Immediately after; as soon as.
- In a direct manner; in a straight line or course.
- In a straightforward way; without anything intervening; not by secondary, but by direct, means.
- Manifestly; openly.
- Straightforwardly; honestly.
- Straightway; next in order; without delay; immediately.
- Without circumlocution or ambiguity; absolutely; in express terms.
precisely, direct, instanter, clear, quickly, right, now, like a shot, promptly, smack-dab, straight, flush, flat, nowadays, just, instant, outright, square, time, bang, forthwith, near, instantaneously, smack, straightway, right off, without delay, precise, right away, in a flash, straight off, exactly, fair, due, dead, immediately, instantly, in real time, at a time, at once, at one time, this instant, straightaway, squarely, at present, today.
- artlessly (part of speech: adverb)
- intelligibly (part of speech: adverb)
- articulately (part of speech: adverb)
- simply (part of speech: adverb)
- straightly (part of speech: adverb)
- soon (part of speech: adverb)
- "The Crevice", William John Burns and Isabel Ostrander.
- "The Young Musician or, Fighting His Way", Horatio Alger.
- "The Killer", Stewart Edward White.