Definition of directorial :
1. Having the quality of a director, or authoritative guide; directive.
2. Pertaining to: director or directory; specifically, relating to the Directory of France under the first republic. See Directory, 3.
- The directorial authority, threatened in the centre, and disowned in the departments, became wholly powerless. - "History of the French Revolution from 1789 to 1814", F. A. M. Miguet.
- The constitutionalists of 1791, and the directorial party formed an alliance. - "History of the French Revolution from 1789 to 1814", F. A. M. Miguet.
- It may not be superfluous to add that these finely patriotic Directorial decrees had no realization beyond their insertion among the statutes. - "The Chouans", Honore de Balzac.