Definition of disagree:
- To be unsuited; to have unfitness; as, medicine sometimes disagrees with the patient; food often disagrees with the stomach or the taste.
- To differ in opinion; to hold discordant views; to be at controversy; to quarrel.
- To fail to accord; not to agree; to lack harmony; to differ; to be unlike; to be at variance.
react against, hurt, diverge, sicken, vary, quarrel, dissent, differentiate, stick out, nonconcur, same, be nothing like, distinguish, take issue with someone/something, disaccord, injure, take issue, stand out, contrast, contest, bother, agree, discord, differ, nauseate.
- conflict (part of speech: verb)
- oppose (part of speech: verb)
- refuse (part of speech: verb)
- disagree (part of speech: verb)
- "The Book-Hunter at Home", P. B. M. Allan.
In all things he will aim at the practical; he will remember that compromise is not necessarily cowardly, and that it is possible for those who disagree with him to be as honest in their views and as pure in their aims as himself.- "Practical Politics; or, the Liberalism of To-day", Alfred Farthing Robbins.
- "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon", Alexander Maclaren.