Definition of disagreement :
1. A falling out, or controversy; difference.
2. Difference of opinion or sentiment.
3. The state of disagreeing; a being at variance; dissimilitude; diversity.
4. Unsuitableness; unadaptedness.
deviation, contestation, variability, incongruity, dissimilarity, firestorm, nonconcurrence, agree, a war of words, divergency, difficulty, spat, polemic, cross fire, battle royal, contrast, otherness, variant, dissimilitude, distinction, discrepancy, disputation, distinctness, distinctiveness, rhubarb, racket, inconsistency, scrap, kickup, a world of difference, inequality, contrariety, tiff, variety, discrepance, set-to, distance, unlikeness, disparateness, bicker, disparity, variance, division, departure, falling-out, noise, argle-bargle, variableness, dissensus, run-in, diversity, tangle, diverseness, contretemps, variation, word, donnybrook, debate, discrimination, gap, argy-bargy, divergence
disagreement (part of speech: noun)
discord (part of speech: noun)
conflict (part of speech: noun)
brawl, contention, commotion, enmity, cacophony, animosity, disharmony, warfare, feud, dissidence, hassle, strife, collision, dissension, clamor, difference, riot, dissonance, raucousness, clash, hubbub, altercation, harshness, imbroglio, squabble, tension, squall, antipathy, hostility, row, discord, discordancy
discordance (part of speech: noun)
refusal (part of speech: noun)
opposition (part of speech: noun)
contradiction, suppression, adversary, conflict, repression, friction, inhibition, counterattack, opposition, dispute, protest, confrontation, hindrance, counteraction, antagonism, interference, impediment, obstinacy, obstruction, rebuff, objection, defiance, repulsion, challenge, fight, resistance
- It is almost the only point of disagreement I have with that admirable woman. - "Pebbles on the Shore", Alpha of the Plough (Alfred George Gardiner).
- There was fatal disagreement between the general and Saltonstall. - "Nooks and Corners of the New England Coast", Samuel Adams Drake.
- Reflecting upon their disagreement I recall that about an hour ago Jake, with an apologetic " Excuse me!" - "The Discovery of Yellowstone Park", Nathaniel Pitt Langford.